Dr. Nick Mertziotis M.D. PhD
Dr.Mertziotis and his team covers with the most advanced methods of both the classical field of Urology, as well as that of the reconstruction of urinary tract and the genital system of the man, the woman and the child, regardless of their origin due to congenital abnormalities or because of previous injuries (e.g. traffic accidents previous interventions, complications, etc).
Dr.Mertziotis’ team has considerable experience in treating Urologic Cancers (prostate, bladder, kidneys, etc.), benign prostate hyperplasia and kidney lithiasis (stones). It has received additional training in Urogynecology (bladder control problems, incontinence and prolapse), on male sexuality (erectile dysfunction or impotence, infertility and sexual reproduction problems), Reconstructive Urology, as well as in laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
The Team uses the most updated surgical methods which are characterized by minimal invasive techniques. The latest technology equipment we possess is undoubtedly a key ally in our work.
Each person's needs are unique. Department’s priority is to develop a relationship with patients based on trust. Team’s aim is to offer the best services in all levels for each person for as long as the treatment takes.
- Marital status : married-2 children
- Nationality: Greek
- Ph.D. in Urology
University of Athens ,Department of Urology
- Training in Robotic surgery
Accademy of research,Athens
- Training in Laparoscopic surgery
EITS,University of Strasbourg,France
- Residency in Urology
Polikliniki Hospital of Athens
- Residency in General Surgery
Greek Aviation’s General Hospital of Athens
- Medical Degree
University of Modena,Italy
- 9/2014 to present
Head of Reconstructive Urology and Surgical Andrology department of Iaso General Hospital-Iaso Group of Hospitals,Athens,Greece
Head of Reconstructive Urology and Surgical Andrology department of “Mitera”Hospital-Hygeia Group,Athens
- 1/2011 to 6/2011
Scientific Director of Bioclinic Hospital ,Athens
- 10/2000 to 12/2010
Senior consultant ,Urology department,”Henry Dunant”Hospital,Athens
- 7/1998 to 8/1999
Urology Registrar, Institute of Urology ,Middlesex Hospital of London , University Col-lege of London
- 3/94 to 15/3/98
Urology department of Polikliniki Hospital, Athens.
- 7/93 to 2/94
Surgical department of Children’s hospital, Athens.
- 6/90 to 5/93
Surgical department of General hospital, West Athens.
Clinical and research protocols
- Responsible researcher in Greece of the european multicentric study regarding elec-tromyography (EMG) of the corpus cavernosum sponsorized by the European Com-munity (Cost action B-12)
- Responsible in Greece of several pharmaceuticals phase II and phase III protocols in Andrology as follows:
- Caverject (PGE 1)
- Silodix (silodicine)
- In September of 2013 has been elected faculty member of EULIS(European Urinary Lithiasis Section)
- First prize in the written examinations proclaimed by the Hellenic Urological Associa-tion 1998
- First prize in A.S.E.P.(Greek National Health Organization) contest in 2000
Patents and publications
- He has a list of Greek and International publications, and has participated with oral presentations at most of the European Urological Congresses of the last years
- Regular reviewer of most International Urological journals
- Faculty member of EULIS (European Lithiasis Section) 2013
- Ex.Member of the Management Committee of the Pan European research on cc-EMG in erectile dysfunction
- Member of Hellenic Urological Association , Hellenic Andrological Association
- Member of the EAU (European Association of Urology)